Can I fit 3 seats in my vehicle?
This is a common issue and your current vehicle that fitted two child restraints adequately may not work with three. So do you need to purchase a new car?
It has always been a challenge fitting three restraints across the rear seat of many vehicles but now with the new wider restraints it has become even more difficult!
Below are some things to consider.
- Anchorage location: Where are the anchor points located are they in a useable position that will not limit your cargo area.
- Seat Width: Is the rear seat wide enough to fit three restraints. The minimum you will require is 125 cm of flat usable seat, between side cushions without contours.
- Seat belt buckle location: Will the child seat/ booster sit on top of the fastening buckle and make it hard to reach or impossible to use.
- Boosters: Moving a child into a booster seat may cause more issues (as stated above) leave them in a full restraint until 18kgs or until they are too tall for they restraint as it is safer and easier to use.
- Safety: Be aware that every step up to the next type of restraint is a step down in safety.
"Installer is amazing!! I am recommending him to everyone from my mothers group"
"It was very pleasing to see the installer in the store helping a young mother carry a box of nappies to her in addition to installing a child car seat in her car."
"He was very pleasant to not only the customer but I also noticed how professional he was towards the staff at the store."